Welcome to The Jivamukti Yoga 75hour Teacher Training!
We recommend early booking, not only for the early bird discount (available until November 5th, 2020), but also because spots are limited.
This program is our practical introduction to the Jivamukti Yoga Method, designed for aspiring Jivamukti Yoga Teachers. It also serves as the foundation to our base level Teacher Training, the 300hr TT.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT AT THE 75HR JIVAMUKTI TT?
This 75hr Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training will provide you with a blueprint for incorporating the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: liberation. Jivamukti Yoga’s focus on a non-dualistic view of life (the interconnectedness of all) awakens in the practitioner not only the need to protect the environment and all the animals and plants that share the planet with us, but also teaches skills to confidently achieve those goals for oneself as well as lead others to live in harmony with the planet.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE 75HR JIVAMUKTI TT ?
- You want to bring your yoga practice to a deeper level.
- You are interested Satsang, spending time with like-minded people who are interested in yours and their own personal growth.
- Students who are interested in seeing yoga practice from the teacher’s perspective
- You are a Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher and you need Continuing Education Credits (*availability of CE credits may vary from studio to studio)
- You are interested in taking the 300-HR Jivamukti Teacher Training, but would like more experience with Jivamukti Yoga and the Jivamukti method before signing up for the 300 HR program.
- You have taken a 200 hr Teacher Training elsewhere, and would like to delve deeper into the teachings of yoga and obtain more knowledge about the Jivamukti method.
THE PREREQUISITES FOR ATTENDING THE 75HR JIVAMUKTI TRAINING
Participants must have practiced the Jivamukti Yoga Spiritual Warrior class a minimum of 10 times within the last 6 months, prior to the beginning of the training; and provide documentation that this prerequisite has been completed.
Documentation can be provided in various ways, for example by providing MindBody class attendance printouts, or a log with dates of classes were taken initialed by the teacher(s). Please bring this documentation with you on the first day of the training.
If you are unable to practice with a local Jivamukti teacher, we invite you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link. You can also take your online spiritual classes through jivamuktiyogadigital.vhx.tv, or our sister studio in Berlin Jivamukti.tv.
Participants must familiarize themselves with and have copies of the following 5 publications:
- Jivamukti Yoga: Practices for Liberating Body and Mind, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Art of Yoga Assists, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- Yoga and Veganism, by Sharon Gannon
- Jivamukti Chant Book, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Magic 10 and Beyond, by Sharon Gannon
WHAT TO BRING
- Notebook for taking notes and journaling etc
- Writing utensils
- A Yoga mat
- 1 belts, 2 blocks
- massage gel and lotion
Early Bird (until 5/11) 1700 EUR
Regular Price 1900 EUR
Online Early Bird (until 5/11) 880 EUR
Online Regular Price 1080 EUR
THE 75HR JIVAMUKTI TT CAN BE PRACTICALLY FREE FOR YOU if you plan on taking the 300hr Jivamukti TT afterwards, as your 75HR tuition will be offset against the 300HR Tuition as follows:
- Sign up to any 300hr JYTT within one year after 75hour TT completion: 100% of the JY75 tuition you paid will be taken off your 300HR TT
- Sign up to 300hr JYTT within two years after 75hour TT completion: 50% of the JY75 tuition you paid will be taken off your 300HR TT
- This also applies for the online only version of the 300hr TT, if you sign up in 2021, the offset might be capped at 1,000$ for the online 300hr TT
After Emailing us we will send you a registration link + ask you to pay a non-refundable down payment (1/3 of your total price option) to secure your spot. After that, you can choose to pay the rest at your own pace as long as the totality of the payment is done prior to 30 days before the event.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS TRAINING
Introduction: This 75hour Jivamukti Yoga teacher training, developed by the Jivamukti Global community, is held at Jivamukti Yoga Paris.
Language: English (French will also be available, so individual tips/hints in French will be possible but comprehension of English will be necessary to successfully attend this training)
Please note: The tuition for this course does not include any food, accommodation, or travel services. Extra special packages are available with Le Citizen hotel next door, email us for more information.
Curriculum: The curriculum of this training presents 5 units, each unit is 15 hours. Thus, you will, upon successful participation, receive a certificate* of attendance for 75 hours of training in the Jivamukti Yoga method. (*please see separate detailed section below on the types of certification that can be achieved through this training). The Jivamukti Yoga 75 hour training is aimed to provide you with a blueprint for incorporating the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: liberation. Jivamukti Yoga’s focus on a non-dualistic view of life (the interconnectedness of all) awakens in the practitioner not only the need to protect the environment and all the animals and plants that share the planet with us, but also teaches skills to confidently achieve those goals for oneself as well as lead others to live in harmony with the planet.
Each day of the training consists of 7 hours of teacher training at the studio, a lunch break plus 2 hours of home-work that you need to work on by yourself. You will receive a training manual with an overview and summary of the curriculum content and with your home-work assignments. Every day of the training begins with a short meditation and an exploration into a topic of yoga philosophy and a mantra that is quintessential to the Jivamukti Yoga method. There is a daily practice of the Jivamukti Spiritual Warrior class, followed by a practical and/or a lecture. The focus of this training will be on teaching you how to teach and on the methodology. This way, upon successful completion of this training, our aim is for you to be able to teach a Jivamukti Spiritual Warrior class by yourself.
As part of the curriculum of the 75 hour Jivamukti Teacher Training, our goal is for you to learn:
- how to teach the exact sequence of the Jivamukti Yoga Spiritual Warrior class
- how to teach the Jivamukti Magic 10 as developed by Sharon Gannon
- how to apply and teach according to the art of Vinyasa Krama
- how to give safe assists for the asanas within the Jivamukti Spiritual Warrior class the foundations of the five tenets of Jivamukti Yoga (Ahimsa, Bhakti, Shastra, Nada, Dhyana)
- the meaning of three Sanskrit Mantras, that are quintessential to the Jivamukti Yoga method, and how to chant them what asana practice has to do with the relationship to ourselves, and to the world around us
- how to properly receive and give feedback from/to others
1. Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion (JY75 Completion). Fine print on the certificate will make it clear that graduates of this program cannot call themselves a “Jivamukti Yoga Teacher”, but only upon completion of the 300-HR certification process.
2. For those graduates who wish to be authorized to teach a Spiritual Warrior class, they are encouraged to teach a number of SW classes, free of charge in their communities to enable them to teach a test class in front of the Director and others nominated by them. If the candidate passes the test class, then they receive a Printed Certificate that says, “You are now authorized to teach a Spiritual Warrior Class”. “You cannot call yourself a Jivamukti Yoga Teacher until you attend a 300 HR TT program (in fine print)”.
3. The official test class is to be scheduled at a Jivamukti Yoga School only.
4. There is no limit to how many test classes can be given.
5. The students have up to 1 year from the time of graduating from the 75 HR course to pass the test class
JYP Director Ian Szydlowski
Ian is facilitating this teacher training. He is an advanced Jivamukti Yoga teacher & Mentor. “I hope to inspire and serve others by offering an integrated practice and experience of Yoga as I have practiced and understood it from my teachers. Yoga practice not only as an instrument towards liberation– but as liberation in itself – as taught in the exciting tradition of Jivamukti Yoga. I Love practicing and teaching Jivamukti. Over many years I attended classes as a student at the center in New York, and this was my daily ritual that complemented my life there for so long I always want to share that love. I am indebted to all my teachers and masters over the years, especially my mentor Rima Rabbath who ultimately showed me such dedication and service that she has inspired me to follow on this path as best I may. May yoga can be a tool to help us learn to be more receptive in order to nourish our highest potential! Yoga asana not only transforms the physical body, and can lead to radiant health, but working with the other limbs of Yoga can purify our subtlest form and prepare us to be a better vehicle, a better servant, to make of ourselves like a light like the Buddha has said.”
Conor Byrnes (Assistant)
Conor is an 800 hours certified JIVAMUKTI Yoga teacher. was raised in the United States and has lived in Senegal and Europe. He began the practice of yoga in 2010. Since then his teachers have instilled in him a deep belief in the transformative power of asana and meditation, the expansion of compassion and insight through embodied experience. Conor is currently a Master’s student in neuroscience at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, and seeks to illuminate the contemporary scientific and medical dialogue by integrating into it the light of the ancient teachings. Conor has had the great fortune to study with Jivamukti teachers Sharon Gannon, David Life, Yogeswari and to follow the mentorship of Anja Kühnel
.लक समस्त सुखन भवन्तु
lokāḥ samastāḥ sukhino bhavantu